Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Horizons

 Sunday the rover will land on Mars. I, like many other citizens of this planet, will be tuning in to see what happens when it does. Over the last few decades our horizon has gone from just over that hill to the edge of the universe. We have achieved so much, yet accomplished so little (people are still uninsured, under fed and hated for the most absurd reasons). We have ambitiously propelled ourselves into the galaxy, yet we still are unable to step outside our own egos.
     As I peer into our television screen and glimpse into a far away planet I will be thinking about my own horizons. What I thought possible in my life before, what is now possible, and what could still yet be possible. However, most of all I will be reminded how paramount it is that I continue to strive to travel outside my own self and explore alternative view points.

1 comment: